Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yellow nails help ew!?

i had some old nail polish that chipped away on my nails for a really long time. it started to turn the edges of my nails yellowish =/ it isnt that noticeable but i notice it and it looks gross. so i took the nail polish off and it isnt helping





is there anything i can do to help this?


what caused it?Yellow nails help ew!?
do you smoke?Yellow nails help ew!?
Nail polish will dye your top layer of nails, especially dark colors and red almost always. I am trying a clear base coat with uv protectant to help against the any damage the sun is contributing, it's helping a bit. But there is nothing much to do if you like the dark colors. You can try a lot of base coats but then your polish will take forever to dry. Also, Sally Beauty sells a clear 'polish' with peroxide in it that through daily use promises to lighten your nails but I wont try it because your nails have to remain clear and I love polish. I have been painting my nails and toenails red since Christmas and the nail tech said there is nothing to do but try and buff it out. Also I will use a very light color alone thats opaque to balance the yellow and my nails look better.
Usually when you put on red nail polish it leaves behind that yellow residue


just by washing your hands, showering, the yellow is going to fade and when you cut your nails
sally hanson


they have a special clear coat that helps get rid of the yellow stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment