Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you whiten smoke-yellowed nails?

I'm a smoker and as such my nails are a horrific yellow colour on one hand, I know this is the least of my problems being a smoker, and I know quitting smoking would solve the problem, but that's not what I'm asking please have respect enough not to treat me like an idiot.





Is there any way to hide or improve the colour of my nails past either painting them with nail polish or using a nail whitening pencil?How do you whiten smoke-yellowed nails?
Less insulting to the skin and nail bed than bleach is a good soak in lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide. Beauty supply stores also carry nail-whitening kits.How do you whiten smoke-yellowed nails?
get fake nails
try lemon
toothbrush and smokers toothpaste always worked for me, but i dont smoke anymore, cause i was told i'd lose my leg, so stop smoking if you can x
Paint them a nice red!! Or a light brown-golden shade.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWWWW


EEEEEEEEEEE


WWWWWW


EEEEEEEE


WWWW


EEEE


WW


EWEW
DONT SMOKE!!!!! or use bleach
Stop smoking.
Get a good manicure and get solar nails, they do not turn yellow, even when you tan.





Don't listen to those non smoker losers!!
try scrubbing them with a baking soda/water paste
Hello fellow smoker, and finger nail fanatic!!!! If you use a solution of half peroxide and half warm water, it will take the yellow out of your nails. Bleach actually tends to yellow them more. Soak your hands in the mixture before a manicure or for at least 20 or 30 minutes. It may turn the skin around your fingers white, but this is temporary. I generally do this on a Sunday morning, and by the time I am done cleaning my house or dishes, the white is gone off of the skin and nails look great. That is what they use to whiten teeth (slightly different kind of peroxide).
You could try soaking your nails in bleach.
try lemon juice
Always carry a packet of wotsit crisps and pretend the yellow and orange stain has came from eating the crisps!





Wear one glove whilst smoking?
try soaking ur nails in acetone, or just nail polish remover! i heard that works. try getting acrylics on. they shave down the top of ur finger nails before they glue the tips on. it might help.
clip the yellowing nails and use a nail polish to protect your nail when smoking and eventually the yellowing areas that your can't clip away will grow out and they can be clipped this might take a few months though but i hope it helps
I think lemon juice would be the least harsh and maybe you can get one of those holders for when you smoke, then maybe your nails will stay clean, when I used one I gradually cut down and was able to quit - that is if you want to
First of all, stop smoking its bad for you. If you prefer to not to stop smoking you can go to nail salons. They have products that will help you whiten your nails.
I am not trying to be funny this actually worked for my sister go to your foot doctor and ask him what to do. there is a pill for yellow toe nails i think the same can be used for finger nails.
My obvious answer would be STOP SMOKING lol but seeing as you asked us not to - paint your nails a nice bold colour to cover the yellow stains, it should make them look nicer but not make them any whiter, sorry.
Quit Smoking!
Hi fellow smoker, I know this might sound a bit weird but socking my hands in washing up water everyday has stopped the yellow nail/finger, also what i have been told by other smokers is to lean your elbow on a table so the smoke rises up and don't let it burn to the end of the butt. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment