Sunday, August 1, 2010

Anyone use the dog nail clipper that has a red green and yellow light to warn of the quick?

I am thinking of buying it to cut my moms dogs nails. Hers are black and long and I have been trimming the tips every few days but there is a lot of dirt in them and I am not 100% positive where is safe to cut.





She has taken her places and they only cut the tip also.





SO has anyone ever bought it and used it? I am scared to death it will tell me to cut it and she will bleed.





I am going to try it out on my dog with clear nails first but I am still scared. ThanksAnyone use the dog nail clipper that has a red green and yellow light to warn of the quick?
Nope never heard of a lighted trimmer.





You should clean the dirt from the dog's nails before attempting to cut them. I dremmel all nails here every two weeks.Anyone use the dog nail clipper that has a red green and yellow light to warn of the quick?
If you are uncertain about the uncleanness of the doggie nail clippers, then I would lean towards caution. If you love the animal which is more than just an animal, but a member of the family. It really does not matter the color of the clippers just as long as they are clean and germ ';free.'; I don't think your dog is going to be too fussy about the color either, unless she/he takes after the human.


By all means go with the colored clippers as long as you do not clip further than the tips.
I have not used it, but here's my assessment on the product. I own a dogwash/grooming salon, and needless to say, we trim a LOT of nails. Assuming it works 100% of the time actually find the quick, will your dog sit still long enough for you to find it? I'm guessing that's a big fat hairy no.
Hi, yes I bought this nail clipper about 6 months ago because I was too scared to cut my jack russell's black nails.





It works really well. You have to be patient and go slow. It does take some practice but it's not too hard to get the hang of. You only half squeeze it down to make the lights change and then you cut all the way once you get the green light. I haven't done any damage to my dog yet so I'm pretty impressed. Make sure you check that the batteries are properly charged or you could get a mixed reading but you will pick up on this as soon as you try to use it.





Having a patient dog helps as well.





I still use an ordinary pair of scissor shaped clippers to do the side nails though because the other one is too big and bulky to get in there properly.





I would definately recommend this gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment